This job ad has been posted over 45 days ago...
EP High School English Teacher
This job is located at IDEAL English Academy in Bangkok
Expected salary: At least 40,000 Baht/month
Published on: 23-11-2016
Published on: 23-11-2016
Our programs curricula not only meet, but exceed Thailand's MOE standards, as IDEAL continuously strives to develop and improve our curricula further. The importance of English has never been greater, it is the key to the interconnected and globalized world.
We are recruiting the following position now:
ENGLISH TEACHER (ref.EP10) Salary from 40,000฿ to 44,000฿ (depending on experience)
an opportunity has arisen for a professional High School English Teacher to join our successful EP program at our client school in Khlong Toei, Bangkok. The whole EP department pride themselves on excellent student results and you will benefit from the support of an experienced Manager, as well as a number of outstanding teachers within the EP department. Teaching 18 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following characteristics:
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand
• Respectful of the values, cultural differences and expectations of the parents and the Thai teachers and administrators
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans.
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development.
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject or a B.Ed from an Accredited University.
• ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hrs of in class training).
• PGCE or QTS would be a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' while teaching some of the best kids in the world.
Plus we also offer:
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week with an average of 18 classes per week.
• 12-month renewable contract with a salary increase (renewal of contract and increase is subject to yearly performance).
• End of contract bonus of 30,000฿.
• Non B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by IDEAL.
• 20 days' (paid) holiday per year, with an additional 13 (paid) public holidays plus Christmas Holidays -- all paid.
• AIA Health and medical insurance cover.
The school is located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of Bangkok metropolis.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity to play a role and make a difference to the future of education with one of Thailand's premier language schools. If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
How to apply
At this time we are only accepting Native Speakers of English from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Please quote EP10 on the subject line then email the following documents to Human Resources at IDEAL English Academy.
1. Cover letter and CV with the names and email addresses of 3 referees
2. Scan of university degree/transcripts and ESL certificates
3. Scan of the photo page of your passport
Please note that we have a two stage interview process and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are contacted for an interview, please make sure you bring the originals of the above documents. A teaching demonstration is also required.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure the successful candidate will undergo background checks.
Recent jobs at IDEAL English Academy
KG/Primary Level English Teacher at IDEAL English Academy in Chonburi 08-01-2017
KG and IP English Teachers at IDEAL English Academy in Chonburi 20-07-2016
KG and IP Primary Grade English Teachers at IDEAL English Academy in Chonburi 06-06-2016
IP English Teachers at IDEAL English Academy in Chonburi 19-05-2016