This job ad has been posted over 45 days ago...
This job is located at Phuket Has Been Good To Us in Phuket
Expected salary: At least 35,000 Baht/month
Published on: 09-01-2017
Published on: 09-01-2017
The English Teacher is a pivotal member of the teaching staff. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Teacher will be responsible for running his/her classroom in accordance with the dedicated English language curriculum.
• Develop teaching methods and lesson plans, in line with curriculum objectives.
• Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with pupils and by organization of their learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
• Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
• Evaluate (in oral and written form), record progress and prepare pupils for the Foundation’s assessment tests, school internal tests and national tests.
• Link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further.
• Challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
• Collaborate with other teachers to continually improve the Foundation’s teaching methods and curriculum and the efficiency and effectiveness of the English program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Teach the English curriculum at a school designated by the Foundation
• Take responsibility for organizing the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment, including its tidiness and cleanliness
• Plan, prepare and present lessons that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class
• Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation
• Maintain discipline
• Prepare and mark (grade) to facilitate positive pupil development
• Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development
• Provide feedback to parents on the progress of the Foundation’s educational program and of students progress, using a newsletter, contact with individual parents and any other means requested by the Foundation
• Work with the Director of Operations to plan and co-ordinate work
• Safeguard pupils’ health and safety
• Act as a role model to students, in manner and appearance, dressing appropriately for the culture and expectations of the host school
• Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum and make suggestions to the Director of Operations about how the Foundation’s teaching methodology could be improved
• Take part in school events and activities that promote the Foundation’s program outside of normal teaching hours, including managing at least one day a week with the ‘Coconut Club’ and regular Saturday swimming or art classes or other similar program designed to give students opportunities to practice their conversational English outside the classroom
• Participate in opportunities for further training and professional development
• Liaise with colleagues in the Foundation and in the school and working flexibly
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks related to the post which may be required from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Candidate must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certification strongly preferred
• Teaching experience or equivalent experience working with children and/or schools
• Clear and concise verbal communication skills; excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
• Flexibility and adaptability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment; evening and weekend work, as required.
This is an 11-month contracted volunteer position with a salary of 35,000 baht per month.
Applicants please send your CV to email listed below. Feel free to visit our website for more information. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.